The Graduate Program in Psychology at Rutgers University–Camden is a 30-credit course of study leading to the Master of Arts degree. The program combines rigorous academic classes with an opportunity for individually supervised research apprenticeships. Our curriculum and training emphasizes scientific research methods that can be used to assist in the solution of real-world problems.
Unique Program Features
- Funding opportunities for highly qualified students
- Two different tracks: thesis track for students interested in further doctoral study and content track for non-academic research careers
- Weekly lecture series that allow students to engage with research
- Optional teaching experience through our Teaching in Psychology course
- Evening classes to accommodate students who work during the day
Program Designed For
- Students who wish to prepare for admission to a doctoral program.
- Those interested in maintaining jobs conducting research (e.g., marketing or pharmaceutical research).
- Students who wish to teach Psychology at the community college or adjunct level.
- Those who seek a better understanding of core content areas of psychology at the graduate level.
- The program focuses on basic and applied research and does not offer training or clinical licensing in psychological assessment, counseling, or therapy.