Advantages of Psi Chi Membership
- Psi Chi provides national recognition for academic excellence in psychology, on honor, which can be noted on employment applications, vitae, and resumes.
- Through membership in Psi Chi, students gain a sense of community with others in psychology and identification with the discipline.
- Psi Chi provides a local, regional, and national forum for obtaining information and developing perspectives about the field of psychology, learning about educational career opportunities, and forming meaningful professional networks.
- On the local level, chapter membership facilitates leadership development, interaction with other students who have similar interests, and service to the department and institution sponsoring Psi Chi.
- Members receive a membership card and certificate and, through chapter mailings, a copy of the Psi Chi newsletter. (Following graduation, members may subscribe to the quarterly newsletter).
- Psi Chi chapter activities provide students with valuable opportunities to develop one-on-one relationships with professors who can stimulate their interest in psychology, involve them in research projects, and write meaningful letters of recommendation for them.
- Psi Chi encourages student research at the regional and national as well as local levels through undergraduate and graduate research award competitions and provides opportunities for students to present research and receive certificates recognizing their accomplishments at regional and national psychological association meetings.
- Psi Chi sponsors outstanding programs at regional and national psychological association meetings. Members benefit not only from the programs, but also form the opportunity to meet leading psychologists and students from other chapters.
- Membership in Psi Chi meets one of the requirements for entrance at the GS-7 level in numerous professional and technical occupations in the United States government.
- Membership is for life. The registration fee of $35.00 nationally and $20.00 locally, is the only payments ever made to the organization, which does not charge dues.
- Honor chords and medallions are available for graduation. Psi Chi also offers opportunities to present papers at psychology conventions.
- Members receive the Honor Society magazine and newsletter from the national organization.
- A Chapter directory is available listing graduate schools that are affiliated with Psi Chi.
- 3.5 Psychology GPA
- 3.5 Overall GPA
- 9 Credit hours in Psychology from Rutgers University
Remember: If you are ineligible for membership in Psi Chi, Psych Club membership is available to any and all students!
Contact Jackie Dunn, Secretary, Room A301, at (856) 225-6520 or email@example.com